Thursday 4 April 2019

Hotlead and Army Painter 2019

This past weekend I attended Hotlead, SW Ontario’s premiere gaming event. This was their 25th anniversary. I’ve gone the last 10 or so years. 

The event is held at the Arden Park Best Western and this year I stayed over. 

Friday night I managed to get in on Daniel Hutter’s Roman game. There were 16 players using 11 factions. 
Romans, evil Romans, Nubians, Gladiators, German Mercenaries, Franks and a few others.








Daniel Hutter is a fantastic game master. Typically, there are several objectives spread across the various factions meaning lots of alliances and backstabbing takes place. My Romans were charged with bringing the payroll to the Roman fort and then going to the tavern. We achieved this result. Huzzah!

Afterwards a few of us retired for some scotch and brewskis. After a short sleep, we hit up a local breakfast joint for some great food.

Saturday Morning I played Le Cateau, a WWI battle where the Germans had to attack a British gun placement which was firing off the table on an imaginary German fortification.

Ian Tetlow was the Games Master and we used a shortened version of Contemptible Little Armies. 





I was the Germans along with my qHotlead friends Konrad and Matthew. The rules were super easy which was awesome since I may have been a tad hung over.

What I like the most about Hotlead, besides the comraderie is the Bring and Buy. Over the years I’ve offloaded a ton of stuff and picked up even more.

Here is this years haul:



The Crusader Russians are to be converted into Korean Chinese forces. I picked up 4 packs for $5 ea. A good deal. I checked the table again later and the remainder were $2.50 each. Truly a steal.



The books were all new and full price except the US Cav one. I traded the Cruel Seas spruce from Warganes Illustrated for it.

Lastly, this week I finished the 1st batch of figures for my 2019 Army Painter challenge. I’m painting a bunch of Middle Eastern figures from Spectre and WWI Arabs from Artizan Designs.







No comments:

Post a Comment