Monday 16 March 2015

Ooh Shiny!

On March 6th, I placed an order with Nexus Miniatures for several Freaks of Nature - Dr. Makalay, Piascha, 2x "Not-Wolverine", 2x "Not- Cyclops" and 1 pack of alternate heads.

My plan is to paint them up just like the X-Men in a superhero/spy-fi crossover world.

Look what was waiting when I came home from work! Yay!


My initial impressions are:
Piascha - no mold lines anywhere, very crisp casting, shiny appearance 
Dr. Makalay - cape has some mold lines near bottom - but otherwise pretty crisp
"Not-Cyclops" - some mold lines under arms and head. Minimal work required.
"Not-Wolverine" - most mold lines, mainly under both arms and around hands.

The two "Nots" aren't very shiny in appearance either. Maybe some sort of mold release agent is still on the bare metal?

All in all, very nice and minimal work is required (excluding my grand conversions). 

Kudos to Nexus Miniatures on their new venture and I can't wait for more of the Freaks of Nature line.

Now that the weather is nice (10 degrees, isn't nice but better than -20s we've had) hopefully I can get these primed by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment