Sunday 26 March 2023

Hotlead 2023 is over

Hotlead 2023 has come and gone. I had a fantastic weekend catching up with old friends and rolling some dice.

I’ll probably divide this post into two parts.

One of the best parts of Hotlead is the “Bring and Buy”. Think of a giant miniatures garage sale.
I brought 29 items in 4 bankers boxes. It’s always a difficulty between I want to price the items so they sell but I also don’t want to give them away either.
I ended up selling 25 of the items for a profit of $340.00. I also pumped $82.00 into the Bring and Buy (47 Brigade Games 28mm WWI French, TTCombat cargo ship with extension, some 3D printed and painted obstacles and a Canada Post 1/43 scale truck). Furthermore I purchased three boxes of Battletech miniatures and a newer Osprey book.
My good friend Dave snagged a Salute Wargames LTD edition Russian standard bearer for me and I reciprocated the favour by giving him a Judge Dread decal sheet from a previous issue of Wargames Illustrated.

So budget wise, 314.04+202 is 516.04. However, I recouped 340.00 so I’ve spent $175.09.

Here’s the haul:

Salute figure, WWI French and Sci-Fi barricades 


The TTCombat ship. It was in mint condition until I asked my son for some help and he bashed the side into a door absentmindedly. I’ll have to glue and reinforce it. It was $8.00. I’m not too upset.



The Canada Post truck and Osprey book. I see more weird/colourful units in my future.


The BattleTech beginner box.



Two BattleTech expansion boxes. I wanted to take a picture of the front with the models but my kids ripped them open when I got home. 



I also received some painted figures from my commission painter. I have 31 RCW Ukrainians, 4 RCW whites, a red, one German Freikorps, an NPC and 4 horses.




2023 Lead Mountain (mountain of unpainted miniatures) is as follows

Acquired:
12 Cavalry
74 Infantry
1 weapons team
2 vehicles (both painted)

Sold:
89 Infantry (unpainted)
3 vehicles (unpainted)

Painted (commission, purchased painted, or done by myself)
41 Infantry
1 weapons team

How I calculate it is any unpainted miniatures/vehicles acquired adds to the Lead Mountain. Any painted miniatures/vehicles acquired does not add to the Lead Mountain. Anything painted (commissioned or by me) decreases the Lead Mountain

So adding everything together I have decreased the lead mountain considerably. I likely won’t be selling anything else for the rest of the year so just have to paint more then I buy.

+ 12 cavalry
- 56 infantry
0 weapons teams
-3 vehicles

I took a few pictures of the games I played so hopefully will post them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment