Tuesday 26 August 2014

Building Terrain - Barn


Yesterday, I received my order from Sarissa Precision.

Today I thought I'd tackle the Dark Ages barn which will be an old barn in the corner of a walled farm somewhere in Normandy in 1944.

I must say these are my first MDF kits so I'm excited.


The barn comes with a single sheet of paper which includes the overall picture (above) and an exploded schematic (below).


There were also two small sheets of 2mm MDF with all the pieces.


A quick confession: I really dislike the initial smell but it goes away.

The barn pieces punched out fairly simply. I was worried about the front supports/beams but all in all, the barn went together very quickly.


Front angle - the exterior has detailing but alas, the interior is rather plain..


Rear angle - I really like the barred windows at the back. A bit fiddly getting the pieces out. When assembling these kits, a knife is a must.


The roof and walls are separate. I'll probably put a large hay bale or something on one side that a sniper can hide behind.


All built! Still a long way from being "done". 

Need to detail the roof, build a hay bale, and paint this sucker. 

This kit went together really fast and easy. It took less than 10 minutes to put together.


With Warlord American Airborne Pathfinder for scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment