Tuesday 19 August 2014

Real Life Issues

On Sunday I was playing in my rec lacrosse league when I twisted suddenly and heard a "popping" noise come from my back.

Having dealt with 2 herniated discs and Sciatica for most from Mar 2012- June 2013. I was pretty worried. Needless to say I started experiencing lower back pain.

I went to the ER (hoping to get X-Ray, MRI and/or CT scans) in case I have truly bunged myself up but the Dr. said it was probably just a muscle strain. And to see my family Dr. if I wanted an MRI because he wasn't going to do it for me.

I took Monday off of work and iced and stretched my back and it felt slightly better. However, my torso had developed a tilt to the left. This happened last go around and was explained as my body trying to protect the injured side, so all the muscles compensated by pulling left.

I saw my chiro today and he said I was presenting the same as when I had sciatica and we did a series of flexibility and movement tests. He said I probably have a minor herniation.

I spent most of the day stretching and got rid of a lot of the body tilt. I saw my family Dr. and after a small portion of the tests my chiro did, she said it was a lumbar strain. And gave me a note to be off work for the rest of the week!

Seeing as it hurts to sit, my hobbying is on hiatus. Hopefully it's just a strain as that will heal a lot faster. But I don't think it is. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment